While the trend towards building close to cities continues, building plots are becoming ever smaller and more expensive. At the same time, however, the desire for individual living space that meets personal needs and fits the respective life situation is increasing.
The building line HUF house MODUM, presented in 2013, corresponds to this new thinking with a concept for smart and sophisticated living. The individually planned houses of this building line are aimed at building owners who want to realize their personal dream of building - without having to make compromises in quality, individuality and design for cost reasons. HUF HAUS also offers modern timbered houses with an intelligent modular system, which can be realised on compact plots close to the city as well as on spacious plots in rural areas.
During the planning of the house, which continues to take place individually for each owner, the personal living space need is the center of attention. Therefore, no given floor plans are used, but only examples showing the variety of possible variations. The planning is based on square modules measuring 1.20 metres x 1.20 metres, which offer enormous flexibility in the dimensions of the house. They make it possible to adapt the floor plan perfectly to the given property format and to realise a generous living space programme for families of several people, even with compact dimensions.
Building owners can also individually design the exterior appearance of their house. The facades are divided into glass panels, wall panels, transoms and skylight levels and set exciting architectural accents. The noble, white coating of the ceiling on the ground floor, without visible beams, gives the houses of the MODUM building line a modern loft character.
The quintessential elements of ART and MODUM are timber and glass, and the shared philosophy of "life in harmony with nature". What other attributes connect these next of kin? Though individual in personality, both ART and MODUM are united by the unmistakeable HUF formula: each house is uniquely designed to fulfil the client's wishes. From the individual roof and layout design down to the basement, the positioning of glazed and wall panels, and a bespoke energy concept – every aspect of the home is carefully assessed and selected. With uncompromising traits in quality, the selection of wholesome materials and supreme comfort let ART and MODUM entice you with all their obvious and hidden virtues!
- The façade composes of glass bays, wall panels, and clerestory infills, which all provide variation to the appearance. The glass and wall panels can be freely positioned; however, the structural concept requires at least one solid wall panel to be incorporated on each side of the house.
- Balconies, constructed on supporting posts, can be added as optional extras. Further
- design features include stainless-steel uprights, glass infills with wooden handrails
- and a sleek underside from below.
- Roof gutters are integrated elegantly into the roof construction.
- he clean, white finish of the ground floor ceiling uninterrupted by visible joists and beams presents a calming and open feel.